Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bun Mobile

Bun Mobile
Address: Mobile Food Truck, but I found them at - Loading Dock Espresso West End
2 Edmondstone St, South Brisbane, Qld 4101

http://www.thebunmobile.com.au/

Went out searching for Bun Mobile during lunch last week and settle for once and for all the comments I have heard about this fusion buns.

From the initial research, the concept was what really intrigued me in the first place. Being Asian, I am a natural lover of steamed buns. But using that burger style? I really wanted to see THAT!

Not only that, the restaurant/eatary is actually on a set of wheels and its location changes from day to day?! There is nothing more exciting than trying to explore Brisbane whilst hunting the Bun Mobile down!

Anyhow, I set out during lunch hour after tracking down where the Bun Mobile was going to be on Thursday (they send Tweets out everyday in regards to their location) and set off.

Luckily, it wasn't too difficult to track down (espeically with a truck/trailer painted like below).

The Bun Mobile has three staples on the menu - the teriyaki chicken, twice cooked port and wagyu beef. Those at set at A$8 each.

Every day, they also have a special list ranging from the twice cooked lamb to ducks (I have heard) and dessert buns such as salted peanut praline (drool...).

The special today was the twice cooked lamb and given that I am a wuss when it comes to lamb, I opted for the twice cooked pork.

The service was especially quick - in less than 5 minutes, I was served!

And surprisingly, it actually tasted pretty good! The bun was warm and soft (note here, don't do take away, buns will get soggy. Eat it IMMEDIATELY!) and the fillings were flavoursome.

Now I feel bad saying this, but (and there almost always is a but) after the first bun, it didn't leave me satisfied. I was hungry enough to probably chow down one more at least.

And given that a bun cost A$8...That's not that economical as a part of the regualr lunch routine.

However, kudos to the owners for coming up with the concept and it is something definitely worth tracking down and trying!

Recommended: I heard the teriyaki chicken bun is quite nice and I am curious about the salted peanut praline bun!

Directions: Depending on the day, you will need to figure out where they are. Just note that Bun Mobile takes Sunday and Monday off.

Bun Mobile on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment